Welcome to Lent, a time when we are invited to pay closer attention to our Christian journeys, and to be mindful of what God might hope for us every day. To help you along or to jumpstart your journey, we have some wonderful resources for you to choose from!
• Are you intrigued by journey after a year of covid? Try ‘Are We There Yet’, with daily stories of journeys toward wholeness, near and far.
• Do you hear and mark the invitation at the end of worship to serve God with gladness and singleness of heart? You might like ‘With Gladness’, with five weeks of simple practices that shift perspective for our everyday lives.
• Do you love the ancient Sarum Prayer? Choose ‘God be in my Head’, with daily meditations on the prayer that was created to bring us closer to God.
• Maybe you’d prefer ‘A Path to Wholeness’ that uses stories to bring the Gospel to life and enrich our lives.
• Are you interested in better using your senses to build better awareness of yourself and your relationship with God? You might like ‘Sense and Sensibility’!
All these books will be available at the church for you to pick up, or we can send or deliver one to you. If you would like to contribute toward the cost of the books, we’d be delighted; however, the books are available to you regardless. Contact Terri Hoffmann to reserve your choice, or look them all over at church any time, beginning February 14. Have a blessed Lent.